Sunday, February 17, 2008

What this prostate cancer blog is all about


It's been six months since I learned that I had prostate cancer. Needless to say, it was a real shock.
I was 57 years old at the time and felt that I was in pretty good health. When the doctor told me I had a tumor in my prostate gland, I remember blurting out, "But I feel fine."
Sure I felt fine, but things were happening inside my body that only blood tests and other methods of early detection could uncover.
That's how cancer works. The silent killer. By the time you know something's wrong, it's often too late to do anything about it.
I've written about some of my experiences with prostate cancer at my bicycling blog, but I have a lot of information and insight to share with men who might be going through this.
On Prostate Cancer Alert, I'll be writing about my own personal decisions regarding prostate cancer and what I've learned along the way. Also, I'll report on new and alternative treatments and other issues involving prostate cancer.
I hope you find this information helpful.

No comments: